We have increased the number of online courses significantly, so if face-to-face teaching is not your cup of tea this autumn, you can still take part on a course. Some of the lectures are streamed online. You can find online lectures and courses by choosing Type > Online courses or Online lecture on Search page.
It is extremely important that all students take the precautions seriously. You can significantly lower the risk of infection with good hand hygiene and by coughing and sneezing correctly. If you experience any corona symptoms, don’t attend the lessons or even come to the premises. Contact the local health authorities by phone.
If you want more information about how the pandemic affects the institutes, contact the customer service of the institute in question or check their web pages.
Enrolment begins depending on the subject from 10 to 12 August at 10.00 and continues all autumn.
- You can also enrol by phone, 0931088610 or in our customer service offices at 10–16.
- Customer service is open from Monday to Thursday at 10–16, telephone: 09 310 88610.
- You can collect the printed study guide from our premises or from libraries.
Enrolment begins depending on the subject from 10 to 12 August and continues all autumn. You can also enrol by phone 09 310 494 or at our premises in Dagmarinkatu 3.
Enrolment begins depending on the subject from 10 to 12 August at 13.00 and continues all autumn.
- You can also enrol by phone 0983924342
- You can also come to Opistotalo or Myyrinki from 10 to 12 August at 13-15.
- Enrolment for courses in Espoo continues all autumn. You can also enrol by calling our customer service, 020 692 444, from Monday to Thursday at 12–15.
- Enrolment for Finnish courses (S2) begins on 10.–12.8. You can also enrol by phone, call 020 692 444.
Enrolment for courses in Espoo continues all autumn. You can also enrol by calling 09 81657 890 From Monday to Thursday at 10–12 ja 13–15.
Welcome to courses!
- Wed 27 May 2020 12:30 pm: Physical Education, Health and Wellbeing | Home and Garden | Cooking Classes
- Thu 28 May 12:30 pm: Visual Arts | Music | Literature and Theatre | Handicrafts | Open University
- Fri 29 May 12:30 pm: Languages | People, Society and Culture |Nature, Environment, Technology and Transport |, Media and Information Technology | University for Senior Citizens
You may enrol in the courses as long as there are places available. In case the course of your dreams is already full, please enrol for the queue, so you will be among the first ones to receive information about a new, similar course. We will plan more courses during the autumn, so please check Ilmonet every once in a while.
And what have we here then? We have apples, oranges and some fruit salad. Distance education courses organized online, face-to-face courses organized on the spot and blended learning courses, during which both splendid teaching methods are used.
In August, we will start with distance education courses, and as of September, we will add face-to-face education and outdoor activities to that, on top of other courses organized outdoors. According to the requirements of the coronavirus situation, we have made preparations for adjusting our face-to-face courses to online courses also later in autumn, if applicable.
Now browse away!
It is the aim of the project to create a common understanding for ecosocial education in the everyday life of adult education centres, how it is seen in the daily work as well as to enhance the knowledge of its personnel concerning sustainable development.
The topic is most current, as 62% of the Finns consider the climate change as a real and extremely serious threat, which needs to be prevented without delay and which needs to be tackled with every means (Finnish Energy 2018). Stopping of the climate change is also one of the Agenda 2030 objectives in the UN programme for sustainable development. Agenda 2030 includes 17 global objectives for sustainable development, which are to be reached latest by 2030. Espoo is one of the forerunners in the Agenda 2030 programme.
Knowledge of the ecosocial education enables the personnel a vast perspective of sustainable development. The personnel may better highlight sustainable development, observe it in their own work and course planning. Our work communities build a sustainable future together.